Desire discrepancy is treatable.
Here's a practical plan for working with clients who experience differences in desire.
In this 90-minute webinar, originally produced by the Couples Institute, AASECT-certified sex therapist Martha Kauppi shares specific skills for working with tough desire differences by giving you an in-depth look at a real-life case, so you can see exactly how she discusses this with clients.
- Why desire issues are so hard to shift - and how we can overcome the challenges
- Three components which are absolutely critical for creating pleasurable sexual interactions
- Essential skills to help your clients get in touch- and stay in touch- with their arousal
- My methods for assessing sex issues in therapy - hear the exact questions and language I use
- How to intervene - effectively and warmly - when one partner pressures the other for sex
- How to help clients strengthen their differentiation muscles… and why this makes all the difference
What You’ll Receive:
- A 90-minute recorded presentation on advanced clinical skills for working with desire discrepancy
- The presentation slides
- An infographic outlining my Will Lily Brief Assessment
- A History of Present Problem infographic
- 1.5 CEUs approved by American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)*
*This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 1.5 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
That was the most applicable training in desire discrepancy I've ever taken. Well done, Martha. I feel ready to take this dynamic on!
Jan Carey, LCSW-C, LCSW, CST, AASECT-Certified Sex Therapist, Maryland
Martha is a consummate professional and dynamic teacher and speaker, with an amazing breadth and depth of knowledge about work with sexuality and couples. Martha’s work is really one of a kind and I am so excited to continue to learn from her.
Katherine Waddell, MS, LMFT–Northampton, Massachusetts
Martha has an incredible talent to teach complicated material in a digestible way. Every time I have heard Martha present, I have implemented what I have learned in my sessions right away.
Kelly Scharver, Couples Counselor, Virginia