Desire. What is it? What gets in the way?
Is it really the issue?
Martha Kauppi discusses that and much more in this 90-minute webinar, originally produced in partnership with the Couples Institute. She shares assessment and treatment strategies as well as how to talk with clients about different kinds of desire, desire dampeners, and desire throughout the lifespan.
In this webinar, you’ll discover:
- a brief assessment to determine if desire is really the issue
- what desire is, what's normal, and how to talk about it in therapy
- treatment strategies
Plus, we'll discuss:
- how to talk with clients about desire dampeners like sex pain, coercion, and stress
- why Martha doesn't recommend scheduling sex and what she recommends instead
- what beliefs, perceptions, and thoughts have to do with desire
- how to work with pleasure and receiving
- A 90-minute recorded presentation on working with desire in therapy
- A downloadable transcript of the presentation
- Martha's comprehensive brief assessment as a handout for you to print out and keep
- 1.5 CEUs approved by American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) upon successful completion of a learning assessment*
*This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 1.5 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
Martha, thank you for teaching me how to improve my sexual health assessments with Will Lily. That skill fundamentally changed how I do my assessments. They are so much more succinct, and thorough, and I don’t exhaust my clients the way I used to. I really love Will Lily, and I appreciate how you put together information in such a wonderful way.
Monica Houttuin, LCSW