Our culture has got sex all wrong! The "linear model" of sex sets couples up for lifelong hangups about sex.
In this 90-minute webinar originally produced by the Couples Institute, AASECT-certified sex therapist Martha Kauppi introduces an improvisational sexual style which emphasizes connection between partners and a pleasurable experience.
- How we think about sex and how we talk about sex matters a lot
- The important elements of an Improvisational Sexual Style to help address desire discrepancy, sexual dysfunction, sexual disappointment, or resentment effectively
- Four Sexual Differentiation Superpowers, and how to use them for good
- Essential skills for helping your clients discover what they want for themselves - and why this is so important.
- How to shift the focus to connection and pleasure instead of outcome-based sex
- An experiential exercise you can practice with clients right away – it’s easy to implement and helps clients develop in ways that end distressing interactional sequences between partners
What You’ll Receive:
- A 90-minute recorded presentation introducing, detailing, and thoroughly explaining an improvisational sexual style. We’ll go deep into the method
- The presentation slides
- Martha’s Upshifting/Downshifting exercise for reframing how we perceive and understand sexual interactions
- A role play transcript so you can see exactly how to implement the exercise with your clients
- 1.5 CEs approved by AASECT (The American Association for Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists)*
*This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 1.5 CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
Every time I have heard Martha present, I have implemented what I have learned in my sessions right away. I am incredibly grateful for all I have learned from her and believe the couples I work with have benefited from all she has taught me.
Kelly Scharver, Couples Counselor, Virginia